Sustainable autumn milk production Jankes @ Westbrook
The strategies used by the Janke’s to maintain consistently high milk production (herd average >10,000 litres) during the challenging autumn period when heat stress is exacerbated by high humidity and high night temperatures:
- Total mixed rations to improve resilience and profitability
- On-going input from a nutritional consultant to ensure maximum efficiency
- A focus on overall performance with milk meters and production records
- Effective shade shed over feed pad to minimise heat stress
- Fans used in the dairy when required
Download the case study.