Dairy Greenhouse gas emissions
This fact sheet explores the greenhouse gas emissions from Carter’s farm in the context of the 60 farms in Tasmilk60 and the national average.
- Methane makes up 65% of Carter’s total emissions (56% for Tasmilk 60 and 59% nationally)
- Nitrous oxide makes up 19% (21% and 20%) respectively
- Emissions associated with farm inputs makes up 7, 12 and 11% respectively
- On-farm energy use makes up 9, 11 and 10%
- The Carters produce 2.845 l of milk per year, emitting 3,381 t CO2e per year, significantly less than the 4,700t from a single 747 flight Melbourne, Singapore, Paris return.
Download the fact sheet.